From 24th February 2022, all Covid domestic restrictions in England have been removed, this includes the requirement to self-isolate if you have Covid. Please note if you are travelling into England from overseas, travel guidelines still remain in place.
Please note that guidance and advice still remains in place. The public health advice is is to stay at home and avoid contact with other people if you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19 or have a positive test result.
As organisers, we will be testing ourselves but no longer requesting that guests conduct a lateral flow test before they come as we have done previously.
The venues we use for our Yoga Hikes weekends may also have their own policy and in some cases, mask wearing, hand sanitising, an appropriate use of social distancing may still be recommended and this is something to bear in mind.
Here is the link to the government website :
We are running our Yoga Hikes weekends as close to normal as we can and our policy with regards to other aspects of the weekends is as below.
Yoga Hikes Covid Policy From January 2022
From 19th July 2021, Covid restrictions in England have been lifted.
However the government has issued advisory guidance for businesses and has updated its ‘Working Safely’ guidance.
You might find the following links useful.
Our policy is as follows :
(we have tried to keep things simple as guidelines/regulations etc constantly change – if you need to read in more detail, please refer to our policy post 19th July 2021 etc)
- From Autumn 2021, we requested guests to take a lateral flow test before setting off for the venue. We will continue this into 2022 for our trips. THIS IS NO LONGER BEING REQUESTED FROM 2022.
- That guests arrive in good health and follow guidelines for self-isolating if testing positive for a covid test and also following guidelines if travelling from abroad to one of our events, or if having travelled abroad recently before coming to one of our events.
- To provide hand sanitiser at the entrance of the yoga room and at our afternoon tea and coffee breaks
- The wearing of masks in indoor and public settings is now a personal choice – we are also guided by the venue’s own policy, last year all our venues adopted a cautious approach, recommending the wearing of masks in indoor public areas and this will most likely continue.
- There are now no limits on capacity or social distancing but we would ask you to be mindful of other guest’s personal space when we are inside eg at mealtimes and in the yoga room
- We can now provide yoga magazines and books again for you to borrow and read at the weekend and return before you leave
- We can now provide our communal kitty of yogi tea herbal teas again
- To continue to ask guests to bring their own yoga mat and pillowcase for the bolster we will provide in the yoga room. We will continue to provide other yoga props and these are yours to use for the weekend, please do not share them with anyone else
- Our yoga props are only used for our events and not regular classes. Between weekends, they are unused and washed where appropriate.
- We will now be able to offer physical adjusts/assists but will ask your permission to do so.
- We will ventilate the room before the class and try to balance this with an ambient temperature during the class.
We will also follow the guidance of each venue we use, and this does differ according to the venue. We will provide details of the venue’s protocol/policy etc within the final email that goes out to the group, but the main theme appears to be cautious, with wearing of masks in indoor and public settings being recommended, the continued provision of hand sanitiser, and some form of social distancing (albeit a little more relaxed than during covid).
Our usual terms and conditions are here :
Our covid cancellation policy remains the same and is here :
What Happens if I have to cancel as I have to self-isolate or become ill with Covid?
This is slightly more tricky and we hope that this will not happen, but if we have more than 7 days notice, we may be able to find someone to take your place, in which case we can transfer your booking and any money paid less the non-refundable deposit to another event. Or you can transfer your current booking to a friend/relative who is able to use it. If you cancel with less than 7 days to go, unfortunately we are unable to make a refund or transfer of your booking, and our usual terms and conditions apply and we would recommend claiming through your travel insurance.
What Happens if the event I am booked on, is cancelled?
If an event cannot take place due to government restrictions, we will let you know as soon as possible and arrange for a full refund of any money paid or offer you the option to transfer to another event subject to availability.
We strongly recommend you take out appropriate travel insurance cover at the time of booking. This travel insurance should cover you for all activities and cancellation and curtailment of your break or holiday.